I'd rather have points on board than games in hand, says Workington Reds boss
Published at 11:29, Tuesday, 28 February 2012
Darren Edmondson is not concerned about the teams below Workington Reds in Blue Square North with games in hand.
The 40-year-old manager said he wouldn’t swap his side’s seven point advantage over, insisting points on the board were far more vital.
Reds have played 31 matches, with Bishop’s Stortford two points behind, but with three games in hand.
Edmondson, whose side lost 2-1 at fellow strugglers Solihull Moors on Saturday, said: “In this position at this stage of the season the only number that counts is the amount of points each team has.
“We have 35, a figure that is higher than all three relegation teams and two others. That’s the most important thing. All but Eastwood have games in hand on us.
“But there is no guarantee they will win those matches or pick up enough points to overtake us.”
Declining to name a points target, boss Edmondson said his side would be safe if they impressed at Borough Park.
Gloucester, Bishop’s Stortford, Solihull, Colwyn Bay and Histon must travel to West Cumbria between now and April 28.
Edmondson said: “If we pick up points in our home matches then we should be ok and then the rebuilding can start.
“It’s been a disappointing season, but the important thing is we stay in this league. I believe in the squad. I know they have enough quality to see us home.
“They must continue to believe too.”
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- League and cup results 2013-14
- Conference North 2013-14
- League and cup results 2012-13
- Blue Square North 2012-13
- League and cup results 2011-12
- Blue Square North 2011-12
- League and cup results 2010-11
- Blue Square North 2010-11
- League and cup results 2009-10
- Blue Square North 2009-10
- League and cup results 2008-09
- Blue Square North 2008-09
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Carlisle girl banned from lessons until she changes hair colour (202 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss attacks 'weak' players who don't deserve to be professionals (83 comments)
- Carlisle billboard blunder 'funny' claims Labour candidate (68 comments)
- Row over Tory MP hopeful's election banner in Carlisle (56 comments)
- Last-day Carlisle Utd match alert over Bob Marley theme fans (39 comments)