Connerton the man to keep us up, says Workington Reds boss
Last updated at 12:36, Tuesday, 03 April 2012
Striker Jordan Connerton could be the man to fire Workington Reds to safety, says boss Darren Edmondson.
The Crewe Alexandra loanee took just 14 minutes of his full debut to open his Borough Park account against Solihull Moors.
Lively Connerton, who rose to prominence with Lancaster City before being snapped up by the League Two side, put in a strong performance as Reds extended their unbeaten run to three matches.
Edmondson said the 22-year-old would only continue to improve the longer he stayed.
Hoping to keep Connerton next year, Edmondson added: “There are goal in Jordan, I’m sure of that.
“He took his goal extremely well against Solihull and could have had at least another.
“Jordan is a lively character and causes defenders problems. It might take him a game or two more to completely settle in, but I have been impressed by what I’ve seen so far.
“It was pleasing for Jordan to get off the mark with his first start, and it can only do his confidence the world of good.
“We have some massive games and with Jonny Wright still not fit, Jordan can play a big role for us.”
Wright sees an osteopath today in a bid to get to the bottom of his back problems. The striker has spent long periods on the sidelines this season with the unknown injury.
He said: “I still don’t know what is wrong. It’s frustrating for me because I want to be part of the team.
“Hopefully seeing the specialists will determine what is wrong with me and I can get back on the pitch and help Workington.”
First published at 11:30, Tuesday, 03 April 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- League and cup results 2013-14
- Conference North 2013-14
- League and cup results 2012-13
- Blue Square North 2012-13
- League and cup results 2011-12
- Blue Square North 2011-12
- League and cup results 2010-11
- Blue Square North 2010-11
- League and cup results 2009-10
- Blue Square North 2009-10
- League and cup results 2008-09
- Blue Square North 2008-09
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Debate over bonfire effigy failed to spoil Fireshow spectacular (86 comments)
- Thousands sign petition to oust hospital trust bosses (59 comments)
- On-street parking charges for Cumbria scrapped (79 comments)
- Bin spies in Carlisle branded a waste of money (26 comments)
- Cyclists opposing extended Carlisle city centre ban (61 comments)