Striker Grant Holt ready to stay at Norwich
Last updated at 12:41, Tuesday, 22 May 2012
Grant Holt’s agent today insisted the Cumbrian favourite is ready to stay at Norwich – as long as he feels “valued and respected”.
The Carlisle-born forward and agent Lee Payne held talks with the Carrow Road club yesterday after having a transfer request rejected.
The outcome of the talks has not been revealed but Payne has insisted Holt does not want to leave the Premier League club for whom he fired 17 goals last term.
“Why would he not want to stay? His family is here. He’s had a tremendous time at the club, he is adored by lots of the fans,” Payne said on BBC Radio Norfolk.
“But things have to be done correctly and professionally and Grant just feels over the last couple of months some comments have been made and things have been said which have been very unfair.
“If they ever come out in the wash, I’m sure everybody will understand why he did what he did.
“It’s not all about money. Obviously money comes into the scenario – it always does in football and I think players like to feel like they are being valued and being respected. There are a couple of issues Grant is not happy with and I think he feels that needs resolving.”
Carlisle fan Holt, from Harraby, is due to appear in team-mate Adam Drury’s testimonial match against Celtic tonight.
His transfer request has put rival top-flight clubs on alert with Sunderland thought to be among the former Workington Reds man’s admirers.
First published at 11:28, Tuesday, 22 May 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (26 comments)
- Talks over new primary on site of axed Carlisle school (12 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (13 comments)
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (13 comments)
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (29 comments)
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)