Carlisle's Lee Doran faces Olympic heartbreak
Last updated at 12:02, Monday, 02 July 2012
Carlisle javelin star Lee Doran is facing Olympic heartbreak after failing in a late bid to secure his place at London 2012.
The 27-year-old bemoaned adverse weather as he was unable to record the 82m Olympic ‘A’ standard.
A repeat of the ‘B’ qualification mark, achieved when Doran threw a personal best of 79.72 metres, would also have been enough.
But he could only manage 74.09 metres in a British Athletics League meeting at Hendon.
First published at 11:25, Monday, 02 July 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Two retail giants quitting Carlisle (36 comments)
- Fight to block £20 parking charge stepped up by campaigners (21 comments)
- Girl, 7, conned into sending nude photos to internet sex predator (11 comments)
- New headline act for Carlisle's Christmas festivities (14 comments)
- New report tells how Talkin Tarn could become self-financing (10 comments)
- Cost of on-street parking charges revealed by Cumbria council (105 comments)
- Cumbria council hires PR guru - at cost of £700 a day (83 comments)
- Anger over plan to charge £20 to park outside your home in Cumbria (69 comments)
- Carlisle's The Lanes shopping centre on verge of expansion (56 comments)
- New KFC restaurant will create up to 40 jobs in Cumbria (50 comments)