Carlisle's Lee Doran faces Olympic heartbreak
Last updated at 12:02, Monday, 02 July 2012
Carlisle javelin star Lee Doran is facing Olympic heartbreak after failing in a late bid to secure his place at London 2012.
The 27-year-old bemoaned adverse weather as he was unable to record the 82m Olympic ‘A’ standard.
A repeat of the ‘B’ qualification mark, achieved when Doran threw a personal best of 79.72 metres, would also have been enough.
But he could only manage 74.09 metres in a British Athletics League meeting at Hendon.
First published at 11:25, Monday, 02 July 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria's 40,000 potholes will cost millions to repair (30 comments)
- Lee Evans to perform gig in Cumbria (37 comments)
- Equipment being ripped out of Carlisle play areas (52 comments)
- Warning road closure could kill off trade in Cumbrian town (11 comments)
- Ex-Carlisle mayor boycotts Civic Centre 'party' in play park protest (20 comments)