Whitehaven RL coach Woods to make changes for Featherstone game
Last updated at 12:33, Wednesday, 27 February 2013
Coach Dave Woods is looking to make changes for their weekend clash with league leaders Featherstone after Whitehaven’s dismal defeat at Dewsbury on Sunday.
But there will no knee jerk reactions to the 46-8 reverse, in which Haven shipped 24 points in the opening 12 minutes of the second-half.
“We can’t afford to be off our game like that,” Woods warned. “Everyone knows there’s pressure on after that, but you’ve got to think who we bring in.
“At the moment, that is the best 17 we’ve got. The other guys are working hard and will get their time, but if you make wholesale changes it could unsettle us. During the week we will see who is available, go from there and make some decisions.”
New recruit Matty Palmer, fellow forwards Stephen Fox, Bradd Crellin and Danny Barker, and full-back Shane Ackerley are yet to feature this term.
Haven also have the option to look to Super League partners St Helens.
Woods has only once turned to Saints so far this term, former international winger Ade Gardner and young forward Anthony Walker featuring in the win at Keighley, covering for winger Craig Calvert, who was unavailable, and the injured Lee Doran, respectively.
Walker scored a try while an outstanding break from Gardner produced another score. Both featured in Saturday’s 36-10 win at Bradford, Gardner touching down for his club.
But high class duo Lee Gaskell and Tommy Makinson were among those in the talent-laden squad not to feature for Saints.
First published at 11:51, Wednesday, 27 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Championship table 2013
- 2013 results at-a-glance
- Co-op Championship 1 table 2012
- Northern Rail Cup 2012
- 2012 results at-a-glance
- Co-op Championship 1 table 2011
- Northern Rail Cup 2011
- 2011 results at-a-glance
- Co-operative Championship table 2010
- Northern Rail Cup 2010
- 2010 results at-a-glance
- Co-operative Championship table 2009
- Northern Rail Cup table
- 2009 results at-a-glance
- 2008 at-a-glance
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (26 comments)
- Talks over new primary on site of axed Carlisle school (12 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (13 comments)
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (13 comments)
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (29 comments)
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)