Richardson delight as three Whitehaven players in team of week
Last updated at 13:12, Wednesday, 04 June 2014
Whitehaven chief executive Barry Richardson admitted that the inclusion of three players in the Championship team of the week was the icing on the cake following the 24-22 victory against reigning champions Sheffield Eagles on Sunday.
Tom Carr, Jessie Joe Parker and Jordan Hand were named in the team, and Richardson said: “There were a lot of good performances and it was difficult to pick three players out.
“But they really deserved to be in the Team of the Week. Lee Doran and Lee Mitchell were also outstanding.
“It was a really good display allround and the players showed real character.
“It was our fourth win in five games and came off the back of a bad result against North Wales Crusaders. The players have shown great commitment.”
Haven were beaten 34-0 at home to North Wales before going on the road to beat Batley Bulldogs 30-10.
They then beat Doncaster 29-20 at home, and Swinton 22-18 after being 16-4 down at the interval. A 50-14 reversal at Featherstone was followed by the victory against Sheffield on Sunday.
“It’s been a big plus for the fans because the last few home games have been very exciting,” added the Haven chief.
Haven will be continuing one of their children’s offers that have proved very successful in recent weeks.
The number of youngsters attending games has gone up by 300 per cent and, on Tuesday when Haven entertain Keighley Cougars, Under-16s will gain entry for £2 and receive a voucher for a MacDonalds meal which can be used after the game or up until 5pm the next day.
First published at 13:09, Wednesday, 04 June 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Championship table 2013
- 2013 results at-a-glance
- Co-op Championship 1 table 2012
- Northern Rail Cup 2012
- 2012 results at-a-glance
- Co-op Championship 1 table 2011
- Northern Rail Cup 2011
- 2011 results at-a-glance
- Co-operative Championship table 2010
- Northern Rail Cup 2010
- 2010 results at-a-glance
- Co-operative Championship table 2009
- Northern Rail Cup table
- 2009 results at-a-glance
- 2008 at-a-glance
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Work starts to redevelop Carlisle Airport (35 comments)
- Planning go-ahead for Cumbria council's new £10m HQ (32 comments)
- I won't quit vows Cumbria council leader after parking charges climbdown (26 comments)
- We can blow battle for Carlisle wide open, claim UKIP (42 comments)
- New Cumbrian leisure centre delayed by finance query (15 comments)
- Debate over bonfire effigy failed to spoil Fireshow spectacular (87 comments)
- Thousands sign petition to oust hospital trust bosses (62 comments)
- On-street parking charges for Cumbria scrapped (89 comments)
- Bin spies in Carlisle branded a waste of money (30 comments)
- Cyclists opposing extended Carlisle city centre ban (62 comments)