More to come from PNG star Jessie Joe Parker, pledges Whitehaven coach
Last updated at 12:28, Tuesday, 10 April 2012
Whitehaven coach Don Gailer pledged there was much more to come from new international recruit Jessie Joe Parker after his debut in the heavy defeat against Workington Town on Good Friday.
The Papua New Guinea ace played for 60 minutes off the bench, little over 24 hours after stepping off a long flight, and Gailer believes there is plenty more in his locker, especially when his forwards take charge in the middle.
“He probably did more tackling than he’s done for a long time,” the coach said. “But to his credit he had come 32 hours on a plane and went out and tried his hardest.
“He will get better, but it has to be on the back of go-forward football. We really need to get something happening in the middle.
“We have arguably the two best centres in the competition in Scott McAvoy and Jessie Joe Parker, with Craig Calvert out there on the wing and Max Wiper also doing a good job.
“But it’s no good having the best outside backs if the middle of the field is imploding.”
First published at 11:31, Tuesday, 10 April 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Championship table 2014
- 2014 results at-a-glance
- Championship table 2013
- 2013 results at-a-glance
- Co-op Championship 1 table 2012
- Northern Rail Cup 2012
- 2012 results at-a-glance
- Co-op Championship 1 table 2011
- Northern Rail Cup 2011
- 2011 results at-a-glance
- Co-operative Championship table 2010
- Northern Rail Cup 2010
- 2010 results at-a-glance
- Co-operative Championship table 2009
- Northern Rail Cup table
- 2009 results at-a-glance
- 2008 at-a-glance
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (83 comments)
- Farmfoods given consent for supermarket at Carlisle's Shaddongate (27 comments)
- Carlisle residents too scared to walk down road without footpath (22 comments)
- Council hands out £3,000 in parking fines in one street in four months (41 comments)
- New Marks & Spencer store in Carlisle will create 55 jobs (17 comments)