Craig Calvert doubt for Whitehaven clash with Featherstone
Last updated at 12:21, Saturday, 26 July 2014
Whitehaven are sweating on whether 200-try hero Craig Calvert will be available as they prepare to entertain second-placed Featherstone Rovers at the Recre tomorrow (3pm ko).
Calvert will face a late fitness test but Haven chief Barry Richardson is confident that the club has cover, should Calvert not make it.
“Craig was keen to play last week when he was carrying a knock. He has a great attitude and wants to be out there again tomorrow,” said Richardson.
“But if he doesn’t pass the fitness test, we are confident we have cover.
“Jordan Burns was outstanding earlier in the season and he’s waiting for another opportunity.”
Haven are currently ninth in the Championship, the final ‘safety’ place, but they will be looking to turn over Featherstone whose form has been rather unpredictable of late.
Richardson added: “It’s a huge game with only six league matches to go. There are a lot of teams in the mix and one win could take any team up to fifth or sixth place depending on other results.
“Everyone knows the importance of every game now and we want to finish as high in the Championship as we can.
“We’re looking for a very good performance and then we’ll go from there.”
First published at 11:10, Saturday, 26 July 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Championship table 2013
- 2013 results at-a-glance
- Co-op Championship 1 table 2012
- Northern Rail Cup 2012
- 2012 results at-a-glance
- Co-op Championship 1 table 2011
- Northern Rail Cup 2011
- 2011 results at-a-glance
- Co-operative Championship table 2010
- Northern Rail Cup 2010
- 2010 results at-a-glance
- Co-operative Championship table 2009
- Northern Rail Cup table
- 2009 results at-a-glance
- 2008 at-a-glance
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (22 comments)
- Talks over new primary on site of axed Carlisle school (9 comments)
- Scottish independence: I'm proud to be British (2 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)