Wednesday, 25 November 2015

Subscriptions  |  evouchers  |  Jobs  |  Property  |  Motors  |  Travel  |  Dating  |  Family Notices

Win moves Upperby Park away from drop zone

A second-half fightback earned battling Upperby Park a 4-3 win over Moorhouse in a Carlisle City Sunday league second division clash which enabled them to climb away from the danger zone.

Dan Gardner’s strike and Matt Dowell’s penalty put Moorhouse in command at the break but Joel Vilchez reduced the leeway and Danny Black netted to square matters for Park.

Then they turned the game on its head, going 4-2 up with further goals by Black and substitute Mark Harding before Moorhouse pulled it back to 4-3 after Simon Mounsey was brought down in the box which earned a red card for Mark Sykes and Dowell made no mistake from his second penalty kick.

The game between Carlisle Ex-Servicemen and Pippins ended goal-less.

The latter carved out the better chances in the first half, helped by the industrious Jay Smith but found keeper Phil Harden in tremendous form and Phil Hetherington solid in defence.

Ex came more into the game later on and Pippins were indebted to keeper Lee Graham who pulled off three tremendous saves, the best being from Chris Graham’s volley.

Unisun Athletic A were 3-1 winners at Longtown whose scorer was Johnny Templeton leaving the home side awaiting their first victory after 10 games and a mountain to climb if they are to avoid relegation.

Ellis James, Darren Burgess and Shaun McKnight were on the mark for Royal Scot, 3-0 victors at Warwick Wanderers.

In the Premier Division, Brampton earned a 6-2 success at Gretna SC thanks to Jordi Atkinson (3), Martyn Coward (2) and Lee Thompson.

Leaders Portland sank Howard Rangers 4-1, taking their unbeaten away record to seven.

Ian Cummersky, Chris Broome, Rob Prince and Kyle Armstrong made up their tally.

Mark Swinglehurst responded.

Awad Sada’s wonder strike in the 25th minute enabled Milbourne Arms to beat Dalston 1-0.

Kevin Cumming whipped over an inviting cross which was only half cleared and Sada with his back to goal swivelled and hit an unstoppable 25-yard drive into the top corner.

Top of the Third Division Harraby Inn maintained their good run by defeating Unisun Athletic B 3-0 on a difficult pitch.

Dan Rayson opened the scoring in the 15th minute to give his side the edge at the interval.

He struck again in the 68th minute with a curling 25-yard free-kick.

He completed his hat-trick three minutes later with another free-kick from the same distance over the wall into the net past the helpless keeper.

Lloyds failed to appear at Wheatsheaf and will face disciplinary action.

In an exciting Fourth Division encounter between Yewdale Pegasus and Pirelli – well controlled by referee Scott Taylor – spurned chances and goal-line clearances happened at both ends until finally Yewdale’s Simon Kerr claimed the only goal of the game in the second period to complete a sweeping counter attack.

Rob Millican was outstanding in their defence as Pirelli pushed for an equaliser.

Club Victoria raced into a 2-0 lead at home to Dalston Black Reds at the halfway stage with Dave Steele’s 22nd goal of the season and Brian Pearson’s lob over the keeper.

Luke Cheshire and Billy Davidson hit back to claim a share of the spoils.

The Border Reiver derby ended 3-3.

Donald Priest shot the B side ahead but Joe Robinson headed in Jack Koelle’s centre to square matters at half time.

Scott Priest and Brian Earl added further goals for the B’s which were matched by Ben Crabtree and Robinson’s penalty.

Overnight frost caused the postponement of the remaining eight games.



What do you think of rail services in Cumbria?

Good. But there is always room for improvement

Not good: There needs to be much more investment

I rarely travel by rail

Show Result

Hot jobs
Scan for our iPhone and Android apps
Search for: