Wednesday, 02 December 2015

Subscriptions  |  evouchers  |  Jobs  |  Property  |  Motors  |  Travel  |  Dating  |  Family Notices

Howard Rangers gain revenge over Milbourne Arms

Howard Rangers gained revenge over Milbourne Arms for an earlier League Cup defeat by overcoming them 3-0 in the Carlisle City Sunday league premier division after only seven out of 21 games beat the big freeze.

Aiden Hanley was denied twice early on by Milbourne’s keeper Stuart Hill but pressure by Rangers paid off when Ben Henderson won the ball down the right and fired in a great cross to Warren Douglas who reacted quickly, heading home from close range.

Milbourne quickly countered, Awad Sada beating the offside trap, found himself clear through on goal only to see keeper Mark Graham pull off a superb save.

Rangers doubled their lead in the second half, Hanley completing a determined run with a neat pass to Matty Green who shot fiercely past the keeper.

New signing Dave McCubbing came on as substitute and was soon in the action, setting up Hanley who made no mistake with his lob over the out-rushing keeper for Rangers’ third.

In a Second Division game Moorhouse defeated Beehive 4-1.

Dan Gardner (penalty), Karl Dickinson and Martin Shepherd were on target along with keeper Mike Ballantyne who scored an amazing goal.

His opposite number Andy Reid left his goal to collect his long clearance but lost his balance on the slippery surface and lay helpless as the ball bounced over him into the empty net.

Scott Carruthers scored for the losers.

Lloyds, who are bottom of the Third Division, held Walkabout to a 1-0 deficit at the halfway stage before crashing to a 7-0 defeat.

In the Fourth Division Yewdale Pegasus trounced under-strength Upperby 8-0.

Luke Watson started the rout with a tremendous lobbed shot from his own half, leaving keeper Craig Shearer stranded off his line.

Simon Kerr added a treble and Dean Tingey a brace before veteran Stuart McGregor came off the bench to claim the final goal with a clinical finish from a corner.

Upperby’s Ben Reed was unlucky not to get his name on the score-sheet, hitting the bar with a 40-yard volley.

After being locked 3-3 at Border Reiver with efforts by Dan Carroll, Dave Steele’s penalty and Dwayne Harrison’s own goal, new signing Richard Hurd notched the winner for Club Victoria.

Joe Robinson claimed all three for Reiver.

Border Reiver B are still undefeated but had to work hard to overcome lowly Ship Inn 1-0.

Alan Hodgson, who was making his debut, hit the vital goal.

Carlisle Spartans lost 6-3 at Dalston Black Reds after taking an early lead from the penalty spot following a wild challenge by Callum Black.

Sam Irving squared matters then man-of-the-match Andy Hogg struck five times to bring his tally to 18 so far before Spartans pulled two back near the end.

The losers’ marksmen were Colin Patrickson, Simon Young and Matt Davis.



Will a new tattoo studio in Carlisle persuade you to get a tattoo?

Yes - I might be tempted

No - I don't like tattoos

I would rather go to a more established studio

Show Result

Hot jobs
Scan for our iPhone and Android apps
Search for: