Celtic Nation in the hunt for players - and games
Published at 12:21, Monday, 28 January 2013
Celtic Nation are still in the hunt for new players, insists boss Tony Lee.
Striker Gavin Barton, who had a spell with the club last season in Northern League Division Two, has been the solitary arrival in the last month as The Nation have been thwarted in their bid to climb the league ladder by weeks of poor weather.
A string of postponements have left Lee’s side with as many as nine games in hand over some of their rivals.
Dunston UTS midfielder and captain Michael Robson, who was rumoured to be a target for the Carlisle outfit, could line up against them in tonight’s clash at Gillford Park should the playing surface be deemed fit for action (7.45pm).
“It’s no secret that we have to get a few new faces in,” said Lee. “We could have one or two in in time for Tuesday but I’m not sure yet.”
Meanwhile, former Nation forward Adam Boyd has penned a short-term deal with Division One rivals Spennymoor Town.
Boyd, who netted just one goal in his four-month stint at Gillford Park, was released by Blue Square Premier side Lincoln City after being told he wasn’t part of manager David Holdsworth’s long-term plans.
The 30-year-old former Hartlepool man could face his former employers when The Moors travel to Cumbria next month for a league cup tie.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (40 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (36 comments)
- No easy route back to Carlisle for McDonald (13 comments)
- Call for statue to celebrate Carlisle's famous biscuit workers (19 comments)
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (101 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)
- Carlisle Utd sign deal with developer to plan new stadium (45 comments)