Boyzone star to help launch Workington Comets speedway season
Published at 11:29, Friday, 16 March 2012
Boyband star Shane Lynch will be in Workington later this month to help kickstart the Comets’ new season.
Boyzone heart-throb Shane will visit Workington speedway on Saturday March 31 as the club hosts Redcar for the first home match of the season.
Shane’s talent in a motorsport drift car is expected to draw fans from across the county with spectators able to see him do runs in a rally car.
Anyone who follows the Comets on Twitter at @WorkingtonComet will be entered into a prize draw to catch a ride in the passenger seat with Shane.
Workington Comets owner Keith Denham said: “2012 is proving to be an exciting year for Workington Comets. We want to raise the club to a whole new height.”
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- A595 is Cumbria's most dangerous road, police figures show (29 comments)
- Government backs plan to divert traffic away from Warwick Bridge (26 comments)
- Carlisle's city centre BHS store to close (37 comments)
- Improving A66 and A69 road 'very tricky and complex' says highways boss (48 comments)
- Cash secured for £33m schools and sports campus (3 comments)