Boyzone star to help launch Workington Comets speedway season
Published at 11:29, Friday, 16 March 2012
Boyband star Shane Lynch will be in Workington later this month to help kickstart the Comets’ new season.
Boyzone heart-throb Shane will visit Workington speedway on Saturday March 31 as the club hosts Redcar for the first home match of the season.
Shane’s talent in a motorsport drift car is expected to draw fans from across the county with spectators able to see him do runs in a rally car.
Anyone who follows the Comets on Twitter at @WorkingtonComet will be entered into a prize draw to catch a ride in the passenger seat with Shane.
Workington Comets owner Keith Denham said: “2012 is proving to be an exciting year for Workington Comets. We want to raise the club to a whole new height.”
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Carlisle soldier who made sick comment about dead child grew up in 'racist family' (50 comments)
- Speed limit lowered on Carlisle bypass 'rat runs' (43 comments)
- Cumbria's 40,000 potholes will cost millions to repair (37 comments)
- Lee Evans to perform gig in Cumbria (38 comments)
- Equipment being ripped out of Carlisle play areas (55 comments)