Boyzone star to help launch Workington Comets speedway season
Published at 11:29, Friday, 16 March 2012
Boyband star Shane Lynch will be in Workington later this month to help kickstart the Comets’ new season.
Boyzone heart-throb Shane will visit Workington speedway on Saturday March 31 as the club hosts Redcar for the first home match of the season.
Shane’s talent in a motorsport drift car is expected to draw fans from across the county with spectators able to see him do runs in a rally car.
Anyone who follows the Comets on Twitter at @WorkingtonComet will be entered into a prize draw to catch a ride in the passenger seat with Shane.
Workington Comets owner Keith Denham said: “2012 is proving to be an exciting year for Workington Comets. We want to raise the club to a whole new height.”
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Two retail giants quitting Carlisle (36 comments)
- Fight to block £20 parking charge stepped up by campaigners (21 comments)
- Girl, 7, conned into sending nude photos to internet sex predator (11 comments)
- New headline act for Carlisle's Christmas festivities (14 comments)
- New report tells how Talkin Tarn could become self-financing (10 comments)
- Cost of on-street parking charges revealed by Cumbria council (105 comments)
- Cumbria council hires PR guru - at cost of £700 a day (83 comments)
- Anger over plan to charge £20 to park outside your home in Cumbria (69 comments)
- Carlisle's The Lanes shopping centre on verge of expansion (56 comments)
- New KFC restaurant will create up to 40 jobs in Cumbria (50 comments)