Boyzone star to help launch Workington Comets speedway season
Published at 11:29, Friday, 16 March 2012
Boyband star Shane Lynch will be in Workington later this month to help kickstart the Comets’ new season.
Boyzone heart-throb Shane will visit Workington speedway on Saturday March 31 as the club hosts Redcar for the first home match of the season.
Shane’s talent in a motorsport drift car is expected to draw fans from across the county with spectators able to see him do runs in a rally car.
Anyone who follows the Comets on Twitter at @WorkingtonComet will be entered into a prize draw to catch a ride in the passenger seat with Shane.
Workington Comets owner Keith Denham said: “2012 is proving to be an exciting year for Workington Comets. We want to raise the club to a whole new height.”
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)