When did One Direction take over the world?
Last updated at 13:50, Monday, 23 April 2012
Gareth Gates wowed the crowds at Outrageous in Carlisle on Friday night.
In an interview ahead of his appearance in Cumbria, the singer made an intriguing comment.
Speaking about X Factor he said: “I think it has become a great entertainment show and less about finding a star.
“But there have been some great people emerge, like One Direction who have literally taken over the world.”
Reiver clearly hasn’t been paying attention.
The threat of a fuel tanker drivers’ strike and protests against the Bahrain Grand Prix are among the recent events to have dominated headlines.
Even so, you might have expected the news that One Direction have literally taken over the world to have merited more of a mention.
So what can we expect from this new regime?
Simon Cowell as ruler of the planet? No change there, then.
First published at 11:30, Monday, 23 April 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle's homeless surviving on £1 microwave meals (11 comments)
- Cumbrian beaches fail water quality tests (2 comments)
- Carlisle singer's group Collabro are Britain's Got Talent favourites (15 comments)
- Traffic concerns delay decision on new Carlisle supermarket (22 comments)
- 'Good' Carlisle primary school in special measures (34 comments)
- Plan to reshuffle junior football in Carlisle (3 comments)
- Microwave ready meals plan for north Cumbrian hospitals (23 comments)
- Carlisle kerbside recycling to be stepped up (8 comments)
- Scottish independence would lead to passport checks at Border, confirms minister (41 comments)
|NEWS & STAR ON:|