Come on ‘ave a go if you think your water’s hard enough...
Last updated at 13:16, Monday, 20 February 2012
The north-south divide has been making headlines lately. The north is happier, but poorer. The south has more jobs. The north has more women who smoke while pregnant.
And here’s something to really upset northerners: we are soft. And southerners are hard.
It may come as a relief to learn that these findings refer to water.
The manufacturers of LimeLite limescale remover say that calcium levels in the south tend to be higher, making the water ‘harder’. Limelite tells us that “Hard men of the south such as Ross Kemp and Vinny Jones can relax knowing they hail from one of the hardest areas in the country”.
A consolation for northerners is that we apparently get a more creamy lather from our soap. Splendid. But Reiver would like to see a similar survey which delivers what it promises. A survey which takes the hardest people in the north, the hardest people in the south, and puts them on neutral territory – perhaps a field near Wolverhampton – to finally settle this age-old question.
Ross Kemp and Vinny Jones? Meet Jimmy Nail and... actually, Jimmy could probably handle them both by himself.
Let battle commence.
First published at 11:26, Monday, 20 February 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Two retail giants quitting Carlisle (36 comments)
- Fight to block £20 parking charge stepped up by campaigners (21 comments)
- Girl, 7, conned into sending nude photos to internet sex predator (11 comments)
- New headline act for Carlisle's Christmas festivities (14 comments)
- New report tells how Talkin Tarn could become self-financing (10 comments)
- Cost of on-street parking charges revealed by Cumbria council (105 comments)
- Cumbria council hires PR guru - at cost of £700 a day (83 comments)
- Anger over plan to charge £20 to park outside your home in Cumbria (69 comments)
- Carlisle's The Lanes shopping centre on verge of expansion (56 comments)
- New KFC restaurant will create up to 40 jobs in Cumbria (50 comments)