Twit got all that he deserved
Last updated at 13:58, Thursday, 29 March 2012
Twitter tweets and trolls... the interweb can be a sticky, tangled-up place.
Good to see brainless Liam Stacey get his comeuppance for posting an offensive tweet about heart attack victim, the footballer Fabrice Muamba.
He was jailed for 56 days for his mocking messages posted online as the midfielder was given life-saving treatment on the pitch. The right to express an opinion in public, whether online, in the pub or out in the park, does not give you the right to be abusive.
I can’t remember who said it, but you shouldn’t put online anything you wouldn’t go up to a stranger and repeat...
The one good point about this story is that sickening Stacey was traced and arrested so quickly.
While I’m on about it, how come Titanic director James Cameron can tweet from the deepest part of the ocean? He can get a signal from seven miles under the waves off a distant south sea island and I can’t get a signal when I’m out in the hills just 10 miles from Penrith!
First published at 11:26, Thursday, 29 March 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (10 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (1 comment)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
Have your say
- Historic Carlisle pub closing for major revamp (3 comments)
- Cumbria council's new HQ: How it could look (42 comments)
- Senior Cumbrian councillor’s warning over Rotherham abuse scandal (14 comments)
- Police ask for takeaway 'bouncers' to help curb late night disorder (16 comments)
- Three Cumbrian areas named in top 10 best places to live in England (30 comments)
- Derelict former hotel in Carlisle has no owner (43 comments)
- Carlisle council gives go-ahead to city airport overhaul (124 comments)
- Lovell gets go-ahead to build 217 new homes in west Cumbria (14 comments)
- Cumbrian man tells why he has right to be forgotten on Google (16 comments)
- 64 jobs at risk as factory bosses warn of possible closure (15 comments)
|NEWS & STAR ON:|