Twit got all that he deserved
Last updated at 13:58, Thursday, 29 March 2012
Twitter tweets and trolls... the interweb can be a sticky, tangled-up place.
Good to see brainless Liam Stacey get his comeuppance for posting an offensive tweet about heart attack victim, the footballer Fabrice Muamba.
He was jailed for 56 days for his mocking messages posted online as the midfielder was given life-saving treatment on the pitch. The right to express an opinion in public, whether online, in the pub or out in the park, does not give you the right to be abusive.
I can’t remember who said it, but you shouldn’t put online anything you wouldn’t go up to a stranger and repeat...
The one good point about this story is that sickening Stacey was traced and arrested so quickly.
While I’m on about it, how come Titanic director James Cameron can tweet from the deepest part of the ocean? He can get a signal from seven miles under the waves off a distant south sea island and I can’t get a signal when I’m out in the hills just 10 miles from Penrith!
First published at 11:26, Thursday, 29 March 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Laying charges at hospital doors (5 comments)
- Looks like Yorkshire made a mi-steak with Jeremy Clarkson (7 comments)
- It’s just the ticket (2 comments)
- Why Brampton-on-Sea doesn’t float my boat
- More Anne Pickles
Have your say
- Carlisle McVitie's staff reject changes to working conditions (76 comments)
- Starlings in Carlisle city centre causing major problems (54 comments)
- 15 people transferred after major incident at north Cumbrian hospitals (101 comments)
- Woods used by 'unsavoury' men for sex chopped down (101 comments)
- Carlisle residents vow to nab speeding drivers (38 comments)
- Unpaid overtime at Cumbrian hospitals rockets (23 comments)
- St Bees School to close (134 comments)
- Battle to recover £500,000 in unpaid council tax in Carlisle (22 comments)
- Row after Cumbrian school refuses to host nuclear meeting (47 comments)
- Carlisle wine shop to close (28 comments)
- Anger over new LED street lighting in Carlisle (61 comments)
|NEWS & STAR ON:|