Tuesday: Don’t do tripe
Last updated at 13:47, Thursday, 09 February 2012
It is Valentine’s Day on Tuesday, so get your excuses in now...
I was lucky to be sent an email from an internet restaurant booking service offering top tips for Valentine’s etiquette.
It included lots of important information about choosing a restaurant that reflects “your date’s interests and personality” and one that “matches your budget”.
In among all this stating the bleedin’ obvious was the classic line: “Avoid foods that could kill the mood – eating tripe may not be your most attractive look!”
Now, I’m an old-fashioned kind of bloke, but even I’ve given up on tripe.
It was a favourite of my dad’s, along with cow heel, pig’s trotters and pease pudding.
But who sells tripe these days?
More to the point, which restaurant dares to have it on the menu?
I don’t think even Heston Blumenthal is that brave.
And this worldly piece of advice to avoid tripe is then contradicted by another top tip that urges us to: “Get creative and do something a little unexpected and different.”
Well, surely this would be going to a tripe restaurant (it’s in my budget).
On second thoughts, tripe just about sums up the advice offered in the email.
First published at 11:23, Thursday, 09 February 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (6 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (5 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (2 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (44 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Carlisle man jailed for pestering probation office worker
- Ann cruises off to new life after 20 years at the helm
- MP stands by his BAE Systems Barrow ‘Bahamas’ jibe (38 comments)
- Handy contacts in the travel industry
- Young dancers prepare to entertain with their magical Christmas show
- LAP-DANCING AT TOWN NIGHTCLUB
- CID boss had spell in Northern Ireland
- Four months for Barrow 999 phone pest
- Sellafield profits up – and so are directors’ pay packages (18 comments)
- Ryan mighty