Richard Hammond and Julia Bradbury too exotic
Last updated at 12:30, Thursday, 10 May 2012
A lot of fuss is being made about the new BBC1 wildlife show Planet Earth Live not being entirely live.
Apparently, it’s from the Blue Peter school of programming and includes a lot of footage of wild animals that was ‘prepared earlier’. So, not live at all.
My gripe with the show isn’t that it isn’t all entirely live, or the two presenters. Though I have to admit, they do get on my nerves.
I can only take so much of Richard Hammond’s puppyish enthusiasm. And I’ve had enough of Julia Bradbury full stop.
No, what really annoys is the fact that all this has been done before – so often and so well, usually involving Sir David Attenborough.
And it is also a replacement for our annual dose of Springwatch, which is a shame.
Watching Springwatch I get to learn more about the birds and animals I might see on a day-to-day basis or on a holiday or a trip out somewhere. I can relate to it more.
I love watching exotic wildlife shows, but Planet Earth Live isn’t showing me anything new or different and although the animals are bigger and noisier and bitier than on Springwatch, they’re just not as interesting.
I know it needs revamping, that bloke with 13 names needs a haircut and Chris Packham needs to be less silly, but can we please have Springwatch back?
First published at 11:28, Thursday, 10 May 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (40 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (3 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (2 comments)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (9 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (39 comments)
- Carlisle shopping centre on sale for £1.5m (30 comments)
- Carlisle's Civic Centre to stop taking cash payments (14 comments)
- Staff moved so Cumbrian council can rent out office (5 comments)
- Premier Inn gets go-ahead for town centre hotel (14 comments)
- Carlisle Cathedral revamp plans slammed (39 comments)
- Why is Cumbrian coastguard HQ being moved inland? (21 comments)
|NEWS & STAR ON:|