“It’s the economy stupid!” – was the famous quote used by the Bill Clinton election campaign in 1992 to help the US focus on what really mattered.
It has since become a well used political maxim - but even today the sentiment still holds true. The performance of our economy is absolutely vital for all of us as individuals, communities... [more] (2 comments)
Published: November 30, 2012
October saw the return of Parliament, following on from the party conference season. As always there was great anticipation from the media about the importance of each conference for the respective party leaders.
October saw the return of Parliament, following on from the party conference season. As always there was great anticipation... [more]
Published: November 6, 2012
Have your say
- Parking ban on staff at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (103 comments)
- National Grid reveals route for new power lines network (34 comments)
- Have your say on how much to pay Cumbria's county councillors
- New council base could bring hundreds of jobs to Workington (13 comments)
- Health chiefs' secret plans to split north Cumbria's hospitals (47 comments)
- Bid to use BT phone kiosks to house defibrillators (16 comments)
- Theft-hit Carlisle church forced to close its doors (12 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (169 comments)
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Hundreds offer to quit Cumbria County Council (37 comments)
- We ARE talking to a billionaire say Carlisle Utd owners (31 comments)
- State-of-the-art buses in Carlisle blasted by passengers
- Vulcan bomber thrills crowds at Carlisle fly past (6 comments)
- Cumbrian couple's wedding to be one in a Minion (5 comments)