The decision whether or not to move to the next stage of hosting a nuclear repository in Cumbria was a controversial one.
I personally believed that the councils had nothing to lose in moving to the next stage, which was simply an exploratory stage, as they could have pulled out in the future had they wanted.
In the end, of course,... [more] (10 comments)
Published: February 27, 2013
Last week saw the Liberal Democrats finally spit out their dummies and vote against the proposed boundary changes. And so, the idea of reducing the number of MPs from 650 to 600 ends – at least for the foreseeable future.
We are now left with 650 MPs, even though it was part of the both the Liberal Democrat and Conservative manifestos... [more] (5 comments)
Published: February 4, 2013
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (10 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (1 comment)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
Have your say
- Historic Carlisle pub closing for major revamp (3 comments)
- Cumbria council's new HQ: How it could look (42 comments)
- Senior Cumbrian councillor’s warning over Rotherham abuse scandal (14 comments)
- Police ask for takeaway 'bouncers' to help curb late night disorder (16 comments)
- Three Cumbrian areas named in top 10 best places to live in England (30 comments)
- Derelict former hotel in Carlisle has no owner (43 comments)
- Carlisle council gives go-ahead to city airport overhaul (124 comments)
- Lovell gets go-ahead to build 217 new homes in west Cumbria (14 comments)
- Cumbrian man tells why he has right to be forgotten on Google (16 comments)
- 64 jobs at risk as factory bosses warn of possible closure (15 comments)
|NEWS & STAR ON:|