The decision whether or not to move to the next stage of hosting a nuclear repository in Cumbria was a controversial one.
I personally believed that the councils had nothing to lose in moving to the next stage, which was simply an exploratory stage, as they could have pulled out in the future had they wanted.
In the end, of course,... [more] (10 comments)
Published: February 27, 2013
Last week saw the Liberal Democrats finally spit out their dummies and vote against the proposed boundary changes. And so, the idea of reducing the number of MPs from 650 to 600 ends – at least for the foreseeable future.
We are now left with 650 MPs, even though it was part of the both the Liberal Democrat and Conservative manifestos... [more] (5 comments)
Published: February 4, 2013
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)