Men don’t do chores? No? Really?
Last updated at 13:50, Tuesday, 13 March 2012
According to the Institute for Public Policy Research, eight out of ten married women still do more housework than their husbands.
Now, you might have supposed important think tank people at the IPPR would have had better things to worry about than men escaping household chores.
You might imagine they’d be working on policy for rescuing the health service from a car boot sale or bringing our lads out of Afghanistan or even capping MPs’ and councillors’ expenses. But no, the best they’ve come up with lately is the blindingly obvious – men don’t clean the bathroom or do the ironing, if there’s a woman on tap.
“Women still shoulder the overwhelming burden of household tasks, particularly after they have had children,” Nick Pearce, director of IPPR said.
“The revolution in gender roles is unfinished business.”
And likely to remain so, I’d guess. Eight out of 10 did he say? I’m gobsmacked... what secret do the other two have?
First published at 11:30, Tuesday, 13 March 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (10 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (1 comment)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
Have your say
- Historic Carlisle pub closing for major revamp (3 comments)
- Cumbria council's new HQ: How it could look (42 comments)
- Senior Cumbrian councillor’s warning over Rotherham abuse scandal (14 comments)
- Police ask for takeaway 'bouncers' to help curb late night disorder (16 comments)
- Three Cumbrian areas named in top 10 best places to live in England (30 comments)
- Derelict former hotel in Carlisle has no owner (43 comments)
- Carlisle council gives go-ahead to city airport overhaul (124 comments)
- Lovell gets go-ahead to build 217 new homes in west Cumbria (14 comments)
- Cumbrian man tells why he has right to be forgotten on Google (16 comments)
- 64 jobs at risk as factory bosses warn of possible closure (15 comments)
|NEWS & STAR ON:|