Opening day wins for Carlisle's Northern Alliance sides
Last updated at 11:44, Monday, 13 August 2012
Carlisle City 3 Shankhouse 0: A burst of second-half goals ensured an opening day Northern Alliance League victory for Carlisle City.
Seconds after the break debutant Dan Greenslade headed in from close range. The lead was doubled after 66 minutes when Shepherd’s fine pass released James and his cross was converted by Mark Graham. Then Craig Cherry jumped well to head in Rooke’s cross.
Harrbay United 4 Hebburn Reyrolle 1: Harraby came from behind to earn an easy three points. The visitors went ahead from the penalty spot in the 9th minute through Jacobs.
Within 10 minutes Harraby were level as Andrew Douglas cut in from the left and shot past Hughes. The same player put Harraby ahead in the 48th minute. Aaron Roberts and Mark Thompson also scored.
Northbank 2 Wallington 1: Northbank rounded off a good day for the Carlisle sides but they were forced to work hard for their win with Mark Worrall and Cameron Wilson on target.
First published at 11:26, Monday, 13 August 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria's 40,000 potholes will cost millions to repair (30 comments)
- Lee Evans to perform gig in Cumbria (37 comments)
- Equipment being ripped out of Carlisle play areas (52 comments)
- Warning road closure could kill off trade in Cumbrian town (11 comments)
- Ex-Carlisle mayor boycotts Civic Centre 'party' in play park protest (20 comments)