Young Cumbrian dancer earns English Youth Ballet role
Last updated at 08:37, Thursday, 27 March 2014
A young ballerina has won a part in a production with the English Youth Ballet.
Emily Wilson, 10, from Cockermouth, will dance in Coppélia at Stockport’s Plaza Theatre in June.
The young star, a pupil at the Lakeland Studio of Dance, was among 96 children who auditioned for a part.
She was delighted to be given a part-scholarship to perform in the production alongside professional principal dancers.
Emily will be dancing in three performances – on Friday, June 13 and Saturday 14.
Her family and some of her friends will be travelling to Stockport to support her.
Avril Crellin, who teaches Emily, said she has come on incredibly well in a fairly short space of time.
“Emily is a very hard-working little girl,” she said. “She hasn’t been dancing for very long, just a couple of years, but she works very hard in class.
“We are delighted she has this opportunity to go and dance with the English Youth Ballet in Stockport.
“Quite a few of my girls have done the English Youth Ballet over the years and really enjoyed it.”
First published at 08:21, Thursday, 27 March 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Government backs plan to divert traffic away from Warwick Bridge (26 comments)
- A595 is Cumbria's most dangerous road, police figures show (29 comments)
- Calls for action on future of derelict Carlisle hotel (38 comments)
- Improving A66 and A69 road 'very tricky and complex' says highways boss (48 comments)
- Dogs banned from some parks and spaces in Cumbria (62 comments)
- Hundreds offer to quit Cumbria County Council (50 comments)
- Parking ban on staff at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (116 comments)
- National Grid reveals route for new power lines network (36 comments)
- New council base could bring hundreds of jobs to Workington (17 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|