Man taken to hospital after house fire
Last updated at 17:00, Thursday, 04 September 2014
A man was taken to hospital this morning after fire broke out in the kitchen of his home at Mossbay Road, Workington.
It is thought the fire, at the back of the property, was caused by an electrical fault in a tumble dryer.
Three fire engines were called along with an ambulance and two police cars.
The man, who suffered smoke inhalation, was treated at the scene by paramedics before being taken to the West Cumberland Hospital, Whitehaven.
Colin Wilson, fire watch manager, said: “We believe the fire was caused by an electrical fault. The man put his washing in the tumble dryer and it burst into flames.
“He was the only person in the house at the time.
“The kitchen was quite heavily smoke-logged and the fire was still ablaze when we arrived but it was contained to the kitchen area.”
First published at 09:47, Thursday, 04 September 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (7 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (3 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (47 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
Court & crime
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (8 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|