Workington man arrested over sudden death of young dad
Last updated at 12:37, Friday, 18 June 2010
A 37-YEAR-OLD man has been arrested following the death of a 29-year-old father who died suddenly at his Workington home.
Police were called to David Birkett’s Firth View Walk home at 7.30am on Sunday morning.
Officers began investigating the ‘unexplained’ death and have since arrested the man from Workington, on suspicion of supplying Class C drugs – diazepam and nitrazepam.
The man has been bailed until August 19.
North and west Cumbria coroner David Roberts has opened and adjourned an inquest into the death.
His funeral ise on Monday at St Mary’s Parish Church in Maryport at noon, followed by interment in Maryport Cemetery.
Family flowers only, but donations can be made to Kidney Research, c/o John Sandelands Funeral Directors, 56a Main Road, Seaton, 01900 602753.
First published at 11:24, Thursday, 17 June 2010
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (38 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (29 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (7 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (13 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (13 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (16 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (48 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (46 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (13 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (57 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)