Woman trapped in car after north Cumbria crash
Last updated at 14:05, Friday, 15 February 2013
A pregnant woman had to be cut free from a car and flown to hospital after a crash today.
She was taken by air ambulance to Carlisle’s Cumberland Infirmary following the two-vehicle smash at Abbeytown, near Silloth, at 8.05am.
Police said she was not seriously injured but was taken to hospital to be checked over by medics.
She had been in a Ford Ka that was in collision with a Ford Ranger pick-up near the town’s old railway bridge.
The driver of the Ford Ranger is understood not to be hurt.
Police, ambulance and the fire service were called to the smash along with the Pride of Cumbria air ambulance helicopter.
A Great North Air Ambulance spokesman said its paramedics assisted land ambulance staff to assess and treat the woman, believed to be in her twenties, for suspected chest and leg injuries before she was flown to hospital.
She was in a stable condition on arrival at the Cumberland Infirmary. Her injuries were said to be minor but police said she may be kept in for further tests.
A fire service spokesman said: “Firefighters from Silloth and Wigton were called to a road traffic collision involving two vehicles, with one person trapped. Crews used cutting gear to extricate the casualty.”
First published at 08:37, Friday, 15 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle McVitie's staff reject changes to working conditions (77 comments)
- Starlings in Carlisle city centre causing major problems (54 comments)
- 15 people transferred after major incident at north Cumbrian hospitals (101 comments)
- Woods used by 'unsavoury' men for sex chopped down (103 comments)
- Carlisle residents vow to nab speeding drivers (38 comments)
- Unpaid overtime at Cumbrian hospitals rockets (24 comments)
- St Bees School to close (134 comments)
- Battle to recover £500,000 in unpaid council tax in Carlisle (22 comments)
- Row after Cumbrian school refuses to host nuclear meeting (48 comments)
- Carlisle wine shop to close (28 comments)
- Anger over new LED street lighting in Carlisle (61 comments)
Court & crime
- Laying charges at hospital doors (5 comments)
- Looks like Yorkshire made a mi-steak with Jeremy Clarkson (7 comments)
- It’s just the ticket (2 comments)
- Why Brampton-on-Sea doesn’t float my boat
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- BT leave me without broadband or TV for a week (2 comments)
- UPDATE: Barrow police search for missing woman
- Condolences for Cumbrian business woman duped woman out of £100,000 savings
- Electricity to be cut off at South Lakes restaurant
- Windermere school bully bites victim’s nose at club
- Three men in South Lakes court on firearm and assault charges
- Renowned Lake District hotel sold
- Keswick to Barrow 2012 - Go the distance
- Dismay as popular fireworks event axed over funding crisis (3 comments)
- Police hunting Lake District super glue vandal (1 comment)