Woman stole more than £7,000 from her Carlisle employer
Last updated at 07:52, Friday, 12 April 2013
An "irresponsible" thief has admitted stealing more than £7,000 cash from her employer.
Patricia Anne Patterson, of Silverdale Road, Harraby, Carlisle, pleaded guilty to 19 charges of theft at Carlisle Magistrates’ Court.
The 41-year-old admitted taking £7,241.54 cash that belonged to Ryden, a property consultant company.
Patterson worked at the Carlisle Market Hall offices on Fisher Street as an administrator, collecting money from stall holders and tenants.
Her employers became suspicious in December 2012 due to irregularities, and they made a list of money missing.
Defending, Geoffrey Clapp said that Mrs Patterson had suffered emotional problems due to a previous failed marriage.
Patterson was committed to Carlisle Crown Court for sentencing on May 10.
First published at 07:50, Friday, 12 April 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)