Woman sexually assaulted near Cumbrian hospital
Last updated at 11:53, Saturday, 01 December 2012
A 31-year-old woman was sexually assaulted near Workington Hospital.
Police cordoned off Vulcan Park after the attack, which happened at 11pm on Wednesday.
Forensics officers searched the area where the woman was attacked after the incident was reported to them on Thursday morning.
Detective Sergeant Ralph Henderson said the attack occurred in a public place and appealed for anyone who may have seen or heard anything to get in touch.
“Local residents or someone who was passing in the area may have seen or heard something,” he said. “This is an isolated incident which we are investigating.
"We always advise the public to take care when they are out and about – make sure someone knows where you are and what time to expect you home, our personal safety campaign has been launched with some good advice in relation to your own personal safety.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact Workington CID on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
First published at 11:35, Saturday, 01 December 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (22 comments)
- Cumbria police to use drones to help tackle crime (21 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (118 comments)
- Widow's anguish as thieves target Pc Bill Barker's grave (7 comments)
- Farmfoods given consent for supermarket at Carlisle's Shaddongate (31 comments)
- West House loses cafe contract at hospital (19 comments)
- Council hands out £3,000 in parking fines in one street in four months (44 comments)
- Cumbria Pride crisis as Carlisle LGBT centre to close (58 comments)