Woman in hospital with spinal injuries after crash
Published at 11:14, Saturday, 29 March 2014
A woman is being treated in a Newcastle hospital after she was hurt in a crash just off the A66 in Cumbria.
The 22-year-old from Penrith was transferred to the Royal Victoria Infirmary for further treatment on spinal injuries following the one-car smash on on the access road to Mungrisdale on Thursday night.
She was a front-seat passenger in the Ford Focus, driven by a 24-year-old woman from Penrith.
The driver suffered cuts and bruises while the passenger had to be freed by Keswick firefighters.
The passenger also suffered a leg injury and was initially taken to the Cumberland Infirmary in Carlisle by ambulance. She was later transferred to Newcastle.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)