X

Cookies

Continue We want you to get the most out of using this website, which is why we and our partners use cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to receive these cookies. You can find out more about how we use cookies here.

Monday, 21 April 2014

Subscriptions  |  evouchers  |  Jobs  |  Property  |  Motors  |  Travel  |  Dating  |  Family Notices

Woman in hospital after Carlisle house fire

A woman was taken to hospital after suffering the effects of smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in her house.

The blaze started in the first bedroom of a house in John Johnston Court on Hayton Road, Harraby at around 8am today when a candle set fire to bedding.

The woman, believed to be in her mid 30s, was taken to Carlisle’s Cumberland Infirmary after the incident.

Firefighters from Carlisle West and East fire stations were called to the scene where they used one hose reel to extinguish the blaze.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

News & Star What's On search





Vote

Easter - and your favourite treats will be...?

Chocolate eggs

Hot cross buns

Long walks

Time off work

Show Result

Hot jobs
Scan for our iPhone and Android apps
Search for:
NEWS & STAR ON: