Woman attacked Carlisle hospital nurse and police officers
Last updated at 11:44, Thursday, 09 August 2012
A mum-of-two has been warned she could be jailed after attacking two police officers and a nurse.
Jade Marie Storey, 29, assaulted a nurse at the accident and emergency department of Carlisle’s Cumberland Infirmary, a court heard.
She also attacked a police officer as she was being taken into custody, and another officer at a police station.
Carlisle Magistrates’ Court was told that Storey, of Sewell Road, Currock, Carlisle, had ended up at the hospital after a night out on July 20. She admitted two counts of assaulting a police officer, a charge of assaulting a nurse and a charge of stealing tablets between July 16 and 21.
Geoff Lockerbie, in defence, said Storey suffered from anxiety and depression.
The case was adjourned until September 4 for a pre-sentence report to be prepared.
First published at 11:30, Thursday, 09 August 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (22 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (44 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (40 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (139 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years