Woman airlifted to hospital after being knocked over by dog
Published at 11:00, Wednesday, 21 March 2012
A woman suffered a serious knee injury following a freak accident on the outskirts of Carlisle.
She was accidentally knocked over by a large dog – a Labrador – while out walking in fields near the city.
The way she landed caused serious injury to her knee.
The county’s Pride of Cumbria air ambulance had to be called out to take her to hospital because she was several fields away from the road.
The woman, who is in her 40s, was treated at the scene then airlifted to the city's Cumberland Infirmary.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Historic Carlisle pub closing for major revamp (3 comments)
- Cumbria council's new HQ: How it could look (42 comments)
- Senior Cumbrian councillor’s warning over Rotherham abuse scandal (14 comments)
- Police ask for takeaway 'bouncers' to help curb late night disorder (16 comments)
- Three Cumbrian areas named in top 10 best places to live in England (30 comments)
- Derelict former hotel in Carlisle has no owner (43 comments)
- Carlisle council gives go-ahead to city airport overhaul (124 comments)
- Lovell gets go-ahead to build 217 new homes in west Cumbria (14 comments)
- Cumbrian man tells why he has right to be forgotten on Google (16 comments)
- 64 jobs at risk as factory bosses warn of possible closure (15 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (10 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (1 comment)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|