Woman airlifted to hospital after being knocked over by dog
Published at 11:00, Wednesday, 21 March 2012
A woman suffered a serious knee injury following a freak accident on the outskirts of Carlisle.
She was accidentally knocked over by a large dog – a Labrador – while out walking in fields near the city.
The way she landed caused serious injury to her knee.
The county’s Pride of Cumbria air ambulance had to be called out to take her to hospital because she was several fields away from the road.
The woman, who is in her 40s, was treated at the scene then airlifted to the city's Cumberland Infirmary.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Government backs plan to divert traffic away from Warwick Bridge (26 comments)
- A595 is Cumbria's most dangerous road, police figures show (29 comments)
- Calls for action on future of derelict Carlisle hotel (38 comments)
- Improving A66 and A69 road 'very tricky and complex' says highways boss (48 comments)
- Dogs banned from some parks and spaces in Cumbria (62 comments)
- Hundreds offer to quit Cumbria County Council (50 comments)
- Parking ban on staff at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (116 comments)
- National Grid reveals route for new power lines network (36 comments)
- New council base could bring hundreds of jobs to Workington (17 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|