Woman airlifted to hospital after being knocked over by dog
Published at 11:00, Wednesday, 21 March 2012
A woman suffered a serious knee injury following a freak accident on the outskirts of Carlisle.
She was accidentally knocked over by a large dog – a Labrador – while out walking in fields near the city.
The way she landed caused serious injury to her knee.
The county’s Pride of Cumbria air ambulance had to be called out to take her to hospital because she was several fields away from the road.
The woman, who is in her 40s, was treated at the scene then airlifted to the city's Cumberland Infirmary.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (40 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (3 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (2 comments)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (9 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (39 comments)
- Carlisle shopping centre on sale for £1.5m (30 comments)
- Carlisle's Civic Centre to stop taking cash payments (14 comments)
- Staff moved so Cumbrian council can rent out office (5 comments)
- Premier Inn gets go-ahead for town centre hotel (14 comments)
- Carlisle Cathedral revamp plans slammed (39 comments)
- Why is Cumbrian coastguard HQ being moved inland? (21 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|