Woman airlifted to hospital after being knocked over by dog
Published at 11:00, Wednesday, 21 March 2012
A woman suffered a serious knee injury following a freak accident on the outskirts of Carlisle.
She was accidentally knocked over by a large dog – a Labrador – while out walking in fields near the city.
The way she landed caused serious injury to her knee.
The county’s Pride of Cumbria air ambulance had to be called out to take her to hospital because she was several fields away from the road.
The woman, who is in her 40s, was treated at the scene then airlifted to the city's Cumberland Infirmary.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Health chiefs' secret plans to split north Cumbria's hospitals (40 comments)
- Bid to use BT phone kiosks to house defibrillators (11 comments)
- Cumbrian singer Emma Jones fifth in tonight's Britain's Got Talent semi-final (23 comments)
- Theft-hit Carlisle church forced to close its doors (8 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Lake District's World Heritage status bid moves forward (7 comments)
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (154 comments)
- St Bees School set to reopen next year (46 comments)
- Two new housing schemes tabled for Carlisle (19 comments)
- Stagecoach making changes to bus routes across Carlisle (36 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Holy Trinity Church, Millom
- Man left with cuts and bruises after assault in Millom
- Skate park boss and Millom council at loggerheads over contract row (3 comments)
- MILLOM CRICKET CLUB
- Councillor Ray Cole on Millom
- Witness saw Millom killer claim he was ‘the devil’ in back street
- Memories from the 1980s
- MILLOM TOWN COUNCIL