West Cumbrian woman abused hospital staff on Christmas Day
Published at 11:42, Monday, 29 April 2013
A drunk Workington woman shouted abuse at hospital staff in the early hours of Christmas Day.
Amanda Jane Mitchell, 42, of Cranbourne Street, appeared at West Cumbria Magistrates Court and admitted to causing a nuisance to NHS staff at the West Cumberland Hospital in Whitehaven.
Jane Mackrill, prosecuting, told the court that police officers attended the hospital at 12.40am after staff reported that Mitchell was being abusive.
Officers found her in the waiting room, slurring her words and struggling to stand up.
Tim Frost, mitigating, said: “She has had a long term history of problems with alcohol. She is trying her very, very best and hopefully she will think twice about her behaviour in the future.”
Mitchell was fined £75 and told to pay £85 costs and a £20 surcharge.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)