West Cumbrian mayor in hospital for 'urgent operation'
Published at 15:26, Thursday, 16 January 2014
Allerdale mayor Bill Bacon is in hospital for "an urgent operation".
“Mr Bacon is said to be in the Cumberland Infirmary in Carlisle.
A statement from the council said their thoughts were with his wife Valerie and family "at this difficult time".
"He is a valued member of the council and the Allerdale community and has served the people of Workington for many years," a spokesman said. "He is a well-respected and popular local figure and we are sure that everyone will join us in wishing him a full recovery."
The deputy mayor Len Davies will cover all his duties, he said.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Parking ban on staff at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (103 comments)
- National Grid reveals route for new power lines network (34 comments)
- Have your say on how much to pay Cumbria's county councillors
- New council base could bring hundreds of jobs to Workington (13 comments)
- Health chiefs' secret plans to split north Cumbria's hospitals (47 comments)
- Bid to use BT phone kiosks to house defibrillators (16 comments)
- Theft-hit Carlisle church forced to close its doors (12 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (169 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Hundreds offer to quit Cumbria County Council (37 comments)
- We ARE talking to a billionaire say Carlisle Utd owners (31 comments)
- State-of-the-art buses in Carlisle blasted by passengers
- Vulcan bomber thrills crowds at Carlisle fly past (6 comments)
- Cumbrian couple's wedding to be one in a Minion (5 comments)