West Cumbrian mayor in hospital for 'urgent operation'
Published at 15:26, Thursday, 16 January 2014
Allerdale mayor Bill Bacon is in hospital for "an urgent operation".
“Mr Bacon is said to be in the Cumberland Infirmary in Carlisle.
A statement from the council said their thoughts were with his wife Valerie and family "at this difficult time".
"He is a valued member of the council and the Allerdale community and has served the people of Workington for many years," a spokesman said. "He is a well-respected and popular local figure and we are sure that everyone will join us in wishing him a full recovery."
The deputy mayor Len Davies will cover all his duties, he said.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Cumbrian bride wins wedding dress battle after death of fiance (10 comments)
- Grey squirrel cull plan in Cumbria (2 comments)
- Drop in pupils offered first choice secondary places in Cumbria (4 comments)
- Barriers going up to keep travellers off Carlisle park (1 comment)
- Carlisle bucks national shopping trend (7 comments)
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (73 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (5 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (2 comments)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (9 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (39 comments)
- Carlisle shopping centre on sale for £1.5m (31 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|