West Cumbrian man faces three child sex assault charges
Published at 16:22, Tuesday, 04 December 2012
A man is due to go on trial next year on three charges of sexual assault on a 14-year-old girl.
Andrew Ramage, 31, pleaded not guilty at Carlisle Crown Court to two charges of sexual assault by touching and one of causing or inciting the girl to engage in sexual activity with him.
All the offences are alleged to have happened in the summer.
Ramage used to live at Seven Acres, Parton near Whitehaven, but has recently moved to West Croft, Seaton, near Workington.
He was remanded on bail and will go on trial on April 2.
In the meantime he was banned from going into Workington town centre and from having any contact with any of the prosecution witnesses.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (22 comments)
- Cumbria police to use drones to help tackle crime (21 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (118 comments)
- Widow's anguish as thieves target Pc Bill Barker's grave (7 comments)
- Farmfoods given consent for supermarket at Carlisle's Shaddongate (31 comments)
- West House loses cafe contract at hospital (19 comments)
- Council hands out £3,000 in parking fines in one street in four months (44 comments)
- Cumbria Pride crisis as Carlisle LGBT centre to close (58 comments)