West Cumbrian man faces three child sex assault charges
Published at 16:22, Tuesday, 04 December 2012
A man is due to go on trial next year on three charges of sexual assault on a 14-year-old girl.
Andrew Ramage, 31, pleaded not guilty at Carlisle Crown Court to two charges of sexual assault by touching and one of causing or inciting the girl to engage in sexual activity with him.
All the offences are alleged to have happened in the summer.
Ramage used to live at Seven Acres, Parton near Whitehaven, but has recently moved to West Croft, Seaton, near Workington.
He was remanded on bail and will go on trial on April 2.
In the meantime he was banned from going into Workington town centre and from having any contact with any of the prosecution witnesses.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Parking ban on staff at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (105 comments)
- National Grid reveals route for new power lines network (34 comments)
- Have your say on how much to pay Cumbria's county councillors
- New council base could bring hundreds of jobs to Workington (13 comments)
- Health chiefs' secret plans to split north Cumbria's hospitals (47 comments)
- Bid to use BT phone kiosks to house defibrillators (17 comments)
- Theft-hit Carlisle church forced to close its doors (12 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (169 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Hundreds offer to quit Cumbria County Council (44 comments)
- We ARE talking to a billionaire say Carlisle Utd owners (36 comments)
- State-of-the-art buses in Carlisle blasted by passengers (10 comments)
- Vulcan bomber thrills crowds at Carlisle fly past (7 comments)
- Cumbrian couple's wedding to be one in a Minion (5 comments)