West Cumbrian man faces three child sex assault charges
Published at 16:22, Tuesday, 04 December 2012
A man is due to go on trial next year on three charges of sexual assault on a 14-year-old girl.
Andrew Ramage, 31, pleaded not guilty at Carlisle Crown Court to two charges of sexual assault by touching and one of causing or inciting the girl to engage in sexual activity with him.
All the offences are alleged to have happened in the summer.
Ramage used to live at Seven Acres, Parton near Whitehaven, but has recently moved to West Croft, Seaton, near Workington.
He was remanded on bail and will go on trial on April 2.
In the meantime he was banned from going into Workington town centre and from having any contact with any of the prosecution witnesses.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (38 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (29 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (7 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (13 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (13 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (16 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (48 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (46 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (13 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (57 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)