West Cumbrian man charged with child sex offences
Last updated at 11:53, Friday, 18 January 2013
A man is accused of 12 separate child sex offences alleged to have taken place in the 1970s and early 1980s.
Michael White, 58, of Trumpet Terrace, Cleator Moor, appeared before West Cumbria magistrates in Workington.
He is charged with 12 different counts of gross indecency against girls under 14 years old.
All are alleged to have happened in the Cleator Moor area between 1973 and 1982.
Mr White is also charged with one count of indecent assault against an adult woman between March 7, 1980 and March 3, 1981.
He will appear back at the court on January 23.
First published at 11:46, Friday, 18 January 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Historic Carlisle pub closing for major revamp (3 comments)
- Cumbria council's new HQ: How it could look (42 comments)
- Senior Cumbrian councillor’s warning over Rotherham abuse scandal (14 comments)
- Police ask for takeaway 'bouncers' to help curb late night disorder (16 comments)
- Three Cumbrian areas named in top 10 best places to live in England (30 comments)
- Derelict former hotel in Carlisle has no owner (43 comments)
- Carlisle council gives go-ahead to city airport overhaul (124 comments)
- Lovell gets go-ahead to build 217 new homes in west Cumbria (14 comments)
- Cumbrian man tells why he has right to be forgotten on Google (16 comments)
- 64 jobs at risk as factory bosses warn of possible closure (15 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (10 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (1 comment)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|