West Cumbrian man charged with arson after cars badly damaged
Published at 08:44, Wednesday, 16 October 2013
A man has been charged with arson after three cars were allegedly set alight in Workington.
Paul Andrew Lord, 45, of Shore Road, Salterbeck, Workington, was arrested yesterday and later charged by detectives on suspicion of arson.
The cars, a Ford Mondeo, a Fiat Multipla and a Seat Arosa, were all seriously damaged while parked outside a house on Shore Road, at about 4.15am on Sunday. A house was also damaged.
Lord is due to appear at West Allerdale Magistrates’ Court this morning.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle police to patrol with medics on Black Eye Friday (17 comments)
- Tour of Britain's £4.1m boost for Cumbria (2 comments)
- 80 jobs as Cumbrian firm builds new factory for plastic bank notes (16 comments)
- Carlisle school lodges official complaint about Ofsted inspectors’ impartiality (21 comments)
- 'Deserters' leaving Carlisle to shop in Glasgow are harming city (93 comments)
- Cumbrian pub gets go-ahead for longer opening hours (24 comments)
- Ex-Cumbrian health chief says working across Border 'a breath of fresh air' (5 comments)
- Bus cuts across Cumbria loom in bid to save £1.3m (38 comments)
- Hospitals smoking ban goes too far, says Carlisle councillor (77 comments)