West Cumbrian cyclist airlifted to Carlisle hospital after crash
Published at 07:22, Tuesday, 18 March 2014
A cyclist was flown to hospital in Carlisle after a crash in the Lake District.
The man sustained head and neck injuries when descending Honister Pass yesterday afternoon.
North West Ambulance Service paramedics and the crew of the Great North West Air Ambulance treated the 37-year-old, from Whitehaven, at the scene before he was airlifted to the Cumberland Infirmary.
His injuries were said to be non life threatening.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (40 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (3 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (2 comments)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (9 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (39 comments)
- Carlisle shopping centre on sale for £1.5m (30 comments)
- Carlisle's Civic Centre to stop taking cash payments (14 comments)
- Staff moved so Cumbrian council can rent out office (5 comments)
- Premier Inn gets go-ahead for town centre hotel (14 comments)
- Carlisle Cathedral revamp plans slammed (39 comments)
- Why is Cumbrian coastguard HQ being moved inland? (21 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|