West Coast Mainline reopen after trespass incident
Last updated at 13:05, Wednesday, 30 July 2014
The West Coast Mainline between Carlisle and Lancaster has reopened following a "trespass incident".
All lines had been blocked, said operator Virgin Trains, which described the situation as a major disruption.
Passengers have been told to expect delays until about 3pm.
Buses were operating between Carlisle and Lancaster and between Preston and Lancaster and Virgin passengers were told they could use rail services run by other companies.
The incident took place near Lancaster. It involved a man on a bridge over a railway line threatening to harm himself.
Police were called to the scene.
Northern Rail services between Barrow/Carnforth and Preston and First TransPennine Express services were also affected.
First published at 10:58, Wednesday, 30 July 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)