Wedding fever at Cumbria Live the Dream exhibition
Last updated at 14:12, Wednesday, 13 April 2011
Wedding fever was in the air yesterday as record numbers flocked to Carlisle Racecourse for the Live the Dream Wedding Show.
Brides to be, their families and friends were out in force looking for inspiration for their big day, with more than 60 exhibitors from the key sectors of the wedding industry on hand to give advice.
There were two catwalk shows featuring a range of new styles and designs of bridal, bridesmaid and mother of the bride and groom outfits and groomswear showcased by professional models.
Three floors of exhibitor stands covered the wedding day essentials, from cakes made out of cheese, flowers and hats to photography and venues, with wedding transport and live music outside for visitors to enjoy in the glorious spring sunshine.
The event, organised by CN Events in partnership with travel agent Dawson & Sanderson, celebrated the great British wedding with a country garden party theme.
According to David McNeill, of CN Events, the show attracted record breaking numbers.
“There has been more people than ever,” he said. “It has felt like a summer garden party and our guests have been making the most of the weather.
“It has been a very relaxed and friendly event.”
Ailsa Taylor, of The Wedding Warehouse, Carlisle created a special gown with a Union Jack design made out of diamantes and with the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton just weeks away Leonie Wiggin, who launched her business Uniquely Invited at the show last April year, had created stationery inspired by the royal wedding specially for the event.
Claire Lawson, of Distington, got engaged in January and will get married on July 28 next year at Lamplugh Church and Whitehaven Golf Club.
“I’ve come to get ideas for my wedding dress,” she said. “I want to get an idea of the new styles.
“I think the royal wedding will have a lot of influence and I’ll probably wait to see the dress Kate Middleton wears before I choose my dress.”
- For a full round- up and photographs of the Live the Dream Wedding Show see Cumbrian Weddings, published in The Cumberland News, Times & Star and The Whitehaven News on May 5 and 6.
First published at 11:26, Monday, 11 April 2011
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)