Weather warning for Cumbria
Published at 12:31, Saturday, 16 August 2014
The Met Office is warning that strong winds on Sunday could disrupt transport.
Forecasters expect north-westerly gusts of 50mph and large waves along the Cumbrian coast, with gusts of 40-50mph inland.
There will also be frequent showers.
A ‘yellow’ weather warning is in force from 3am to 11.45pm.
A Met Office spokesman said: “While such wind gusts would not be unusual in the autumn and winter, they are likely to pose a few more problems coming in the summer holiday period, especially to those engaged in outdoor activities such as sailing or hill walking.
“Some minor disruption to transport is possible. For example delays to ferries, bridge restrictions and perhaps minor damage to trees.”
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)