Weather warning for Cumbria
Published at 15:40, Tuesday, 25 December 2012
The Met Office is warning of heavy rain and potential flooding in Cumbria on Friday night and early Saturday.
Forecasters predict “persistent, heavy rain” over high ground, accompanied by “very windy” conditions.
They expect between 60mm and 80mm of rain to fall over the Cumbrian fells.
Although heavy, that is a fraction of the 314.4mm recorded in a single day at Seathwaite, Borrowdale, in November 2009 when there was widespread flooding in Keswick and west Cumbria.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Government backs plan to divert traffic away from Warwick Bridge (26 comments)
- A595 is Cumbria's most dangerous road, police figures show (29 comments)
- Calls for action on future of derelict Carlisle hotel (38 comments)
- Improving A66 and A69 road 'very tricky and complex' says highways boss (48 comments)
- Dogs banned from some parks and spaces in Cumbria (62 comments)
- Hundreds offer to quit Cumbria County Council (50 comments)
- Parking ban on staff at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (116 comments)
- National Grid reveals route for new power lines network (36 comments)
- New council base could bring hundreds of jobs to Workington (17 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|