Water search off west Cumbrian coast
Last updated at 19:32, Saturday, 31 May 2014
A search was launched in the sea off Allonby after reports of someone in the water.
Maryport Coastguard was called out today at 10.45am after being alerted by Liverpool Coastguard.
Silloth RNLI made their way to Dubmill Point, near Mawbray, but could not see anything and the search was called off.
The Coastguard is reminding people to stay safe in the warm weather.
First published at 19:20, Saturday, 31 May 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (40 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (3 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (2 comments)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (9 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (39 comments)
- Carlisle shopping centre on sale for £1.5m (30 comments)
- Carlisle's Civic Centre to stop taking cash payments (14 comments)
- Staff moved so Cumbrian council can rent out office (5 comments)
- Premier Inn gets go-ahead for town centre hotel (14 comments)
- Carlisle Cathedral revamp plans slammed (39 comments)
- Why is Cumbrian coastguard HQ being moved inland? (21 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|