Water search off west Cumbrian coast
Last updated at 19:32, Saturday, 31 May 2014
A search was launched in the sea off Allonby after reports of someone in the water.
Maryport Coastguard was called out today at 10.45am after being alerted by Liverpool Coastguard.
Silloth RNLI made their way to Dubmill Point, near Mawbray, but could not see anything and the search was called off.
The Coastguard is reminding people to stay safe in the warm weather.
First published at 19:20, Saturday, 31 May 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Dogs banned from some parks and spaces in Cumbria (31 comments)
- Hundreds offer to quit Cumbria County Council (45 comments)
- Parking ban on staff at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (106 comments)
- National Grid reveals route for new power lines network (34 comments)
- Have your say on how much to pay Cumbria's county councillors
- New council base could bring hundreds of jobs to Workington (13 comments)
- Health chiefs' secret plans to split north Cumbria's hospitals (47 comments)
- Bid to use BT phone kiosks to house defibrillators (17 comments)
- Theft-hit Carlisle church forced to close its doors (12 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"