Warning of pedestrians on Cumbrian motorway
Last updated at 15:40, Tuesday, 03 June 2014
Motorists were being warned to proceed with caution – after reports of people on the M6.
Travel warnings were issued for anyone using the northbound carriageway, between junction 40 for Penrith and junction 41 for Wigton, at about 2.30pm yesterday.
A spokeswoman for Cumbria police confirmed they had received a call reporting a man walking along the hard shoulder of the motorway.
The issue was passed to the Highways Agency, who are responsible for the M6.
At about 3pm the agency confirmed that “people cleared from road”.
First published at 14:57, Tuesday, 03 June 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (40 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (3 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (2 comments)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (9 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (39 comments)
- Carlisle shopping centre on sale for £1.5m (30 comments)
- Carlisle's Civic Centre to stop taking cash payments (14 comments)
- Staff moved so Cumbrian council can rent out office (5 comments)
- Premier Inn gets go-ahead for town centre hotel (14 comments)
- Carlisle Cathedral revamp plans slammed (39 comments)
- Why is Cumbrian coastguard HQ being moved inland? (21 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|