Warning of pedestrians on Cumbrian motorway
Last updated at 15:40, Tuesday, 03 June 2014
Motorists were being warned to proceed with caution – after reports of people on the M6.
Travel warnings were issued for anyone using the northbound carriageway, between junction 40 for Penrith and junction 41 for Wigton, at about 2.30pm yesterday.
A spokeswoman for Cumbria police confirmed they had received a call reporting a man walking along the hard shoulder of the motorway.
The issue was passed to the Highways Agency, who are responsible for the M6.
At about 3pm the agency confirmed that “people cleared from road”.
First published at 14:57, Tuesday, 03 June 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle McVitie's staff reject changes to working conditions (63 comments)
- Starlings in Carlisle city centre causing major problems (50 comments)
- 15 people transferred after major incident at north Cumbrian hospitals (99 comments)
- Woods used by 'unsavoury' men for sex chopped down (91 comments)
- Carlisle residents vow to nab speeding drivers (38 comments)
- Unpaid overtime at Cumbrian hospitals rockets (22 comments)
- St Bees School to close (134 comments)
- Battle to recover £500,000 in unpaid council tax in Carlisle (22 comments)
- Row after Cumbrian school refuses to host nuclear meeting (47 comments)
- Carlisle wine shop to close (28 comments)
- Anger over new LED street lighting in Carlisle (59 comments)
Court & crime
- Laying charges at hospital doors (2 comments)
- Looks like Yorkshire made a mi-steak with Jeremy Clarkson (4 comments)
- It’s just the ticket (2 comments)
- Why Brampton-on-Sea doesn’t float my boat
- More Anne Pickles