Walker hurt on Great Gable
Published at 17:13, Saturday, 19 April 2014
A woman has broken her arm after slipping and falling whilst out walking on Great Gable.
The Great North Air Ambulance was asked to help the 52-year-old woman because of the remote location.
The woman was with members of her family and was returning from the summit of Great Gable at around 2.15pm when she slipped and fell.
She was airlifted by the helicopter to Buttermere, where she was then taken to hospital for treatment.
The Pride of Cumbria air ambulance was assisting Keswick Mountain Rescue Team in the rescue.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Historic Carlisle pub closing for major revamp (3 comments)
- Cumbria council's new HQ: How it could look (42 comments)
- Senior Cumbrian councillor’s warning over Rotherham abuse scandal (14 comments)
- Police ask for takeaway 'bouncers' to help curb late night disorder (16 comments)
- Three Cumbrian areas named in top 10 best places to live in England (30 comments)
- Derelict former hotel in Carlisle has no owner (43 comments)
- Carlisle council gives go-ahead to city airport overhaul (124 comments)
- Lovell gets go-ahead to build 217 new homes in west Cumbria (14 comments)
- Cumbrian man tells why he has right to be forgotten on Google (16 comments)
- 64 jobs at risk as factory bosses warn of possible closure (15 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (10 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (1 comment)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|