Vintage Barbers set to open in Carlisle city centre
Last updated at 10:02, Monday, 11 February 2013
A new specialist barbers will open its doors in Carlisle this week.
Wendie Caig and Norbert Zieleniec are opening the new business – Vintage Barbers – on Warwick Road.
It will be opposite the old Post Office, near Carol Roberts Bridal and Sewell’s newsagents.
Wendie, 37, said: “Norbert and I met when we were working at another barbers in Carlisle.
“We are going all out for the vintage theme with special furnishings and lighting. On the walls we will have pictures of old barber scenes.”
Norbert, 37, is originally from Poland and has 15 years experience as a barber.
Wendie, who is the wife of Carlisle United’s goalkeeping coach Tony Caig, has 23 years experience in the trade.
She said: “We’ve both been round the block a bit so we know what we’re doing.
“I’ve lived and worked all over the place including Canada, America, London and Newcastle and Norbert worked in a big salon in Poland.
“We are hoping to take on a junior barber too.
“He’s 35 and really has the vintage look so it will be quite quirky. We’re loving the location of the shop – it’s in a good area that has lots going on.”
The barbers will provide a service specifically for men and boys.
The shop hopes to open on Thursday – Valentine’s Day – providing decorating and fitting work has finished.
First published at 10:00, Monday, 11 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Derelict former hotel in Carlisle has no owner (25 comments)
- Carlisle council gives go-ahead to city airport overhaul (106 comments)
- Lovell gets go-ahead to build 217 new homes in west Cumbria (10 comments)
- A-level results day for Cumbrian students (4 comments)
- Cumbrian man tells why he has right to be forgotten on Google (15 comments)
- 64 jobs at risk as factory bosses warn of possible closure (15 comments)
- New filling station, shop and cafe approved by council planners (24 comments)
- Opinion divided over hotel plans for north Cumbrian town (18 comments)
- £3m transport hub planned for outside Cumbrian rail station (38 comments)
- Surprise closure of Carlisle restaurant (10 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (10 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (1 comment)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Three firms shortlisted for Northern rail franchise
- Students given taste of working life at BAE Systems Barrow shipyard
- Housebuilder's profits boom as sales rocket
- Surveyor joins Wigton-based North Associates
- New finance director at Story Homes
- Look ahead - The Inspira column
- Volunteering in African hospital inspires Barrow student
- Big store deal reflects on bright idea
- Rex helps nuclear clean-up
- Quality beasts at mart summer show gave judge a difficult task
- Tributes paid after death of Millom man
- Carlisle mum to meet shadow minister in fight to protect children from sexual images
- Man fractured teen's skull with metal bar, Carlisle court told
- Tributes to Cumbrian man killed in Eastbourne pier fall
- Cumbria students receive GCSE results today
- Barrow man's guide dog is given honorary RAFA uniform
- Barrow man falls 50 feet from balcony in Spanish resort
- Date change for Ocean appearance
- Competitors show skills at Cumbria agricultural spectacle
- Lakes Dracula adaptation has bite