Vintage Barbers set to open in Carlisle city centre
Last updated at 10:02, Monday, 11 February 2013
A new specialist barbers will open its doors in Carlisle this week.
Wendie Caig and Norbert Zieleniec are opening the new business – Vintage Barbers – on Warwick Road.
It will be opposite the old Post Office, near Carol Roberts Bridal and Sewell’s newsagents.
Wendie, 37, said: “Norbert and I met when we were working at another barbers in Carlisle.
“We are going all out for the vintage theme with special furnishings and lighting. On the walls we will have pictures of old barber scenes.”
Norbert, 37, is originally from Poland and has 15 years experience as a barber.
Wendie, who is the wife of Carlisle United’s goalkeeping coach Tony Caig, has 23 years experience in the trade.
She said: “We’ve both been round the block a bit so we know what we’re doing.
“I’ve lived and worked all over the place including Canada, America, London and Newcastle and Norbert worked in a big salon in Poland.
“We are hoping to take on a junior barber too.
“He’s 35 and really has the vintage look so it will be quite quirky. We’re loving the location of the shop – it’s in a good area that has lots going on.”
The barbers will provide a service specifically for men and boys.
The shop hopes to open on Thursday – Valentine’s Day – providing decorating and fitting work has finished.
First published at 10:00, Monday, 11 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle McVitie's staff reject changes to working conditions (63 comments)
- Starlings in Carlisle city centre causing major problems (50 comments)
- 15 people transferred after major incident at north Cumbrian hospitals (99 comments)
- Woods used by 'unsavoury' men for sex chopped down (91 comments)
- Carlisle residents vow to nab speeding drivers (38 comments)
- Unpaid overtime at Cumbrian hospitals rockets (22 comments)
- St Bees School to close (134 comments)
- Battle to recover £500,000 in unpaid council tax in Carlisle (22 comments)
- Row after Cumbrian school refuses to host nuclear meeting (47 comments)
- Carlisle wine shop to close (28 comments)
- Anger over new LED street lighting in Carlisle (59 comments)
Court & crime
- Laying charges at hospital doors (2 comments)
- Looks like Yorkshire made a mi-steak with Jeremy Clarkson (4 comments)
- It’s just the ticket (2 comments)
- Why Brampton-on-Sea doesn’t float my boat
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Owners vow to rebuild after alleged drink driver smashes into Barrow chippy (13 comments)
- Starving Ulverston children left ‘looking like urchins from Oliver Twist’
- Walney bridge to close this weekend (42 comments)
- Cyclist still in serious condition following Ulverston crash at the A590 junction
- Barrow hotel to be demolished (39 comments)