Victim beaten unconscious in early hours Carlisle street attack
Last updated at 12:17, Thursday, 31 May 2012
A man remains in hospital after being attacked and left unconscious in the street.
It happened in Carlisle’s Lowther Street, near Concrete and Club 35, during the early hours of Wednesday.
Police said two men left Concrete nightspot between 3am and 3.10am and launched their attack on another man.
He fell to the ground but they continued to assault him. He was left unconscious.
The two men then fled towards Lonsdale Street.
They are described as white, slim, about 5 ft 10 in tall and in their early 20s. One was wearing beige trousers and checked top. The other was wearing a white top.
Police are appealing for anyone who was leaving the night club at the time of the attack to call 101.
First published at 11:27, Thursday, 31 May 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)