Victim beaten unconscious in early hours Carlisle street attack
Last updated at 12:17, Thursday, 31 May 2012
A man remains in hospital after being attacked and left unconscious in the street.
It happened in Carlisle’s Lowther Street, near Concrete and Club 35, during the early hours of Wednesday.
Police said two men left Concrete nightspot between 3am and 3.10am and launched their attack on another man.
He fell to the ground but they continued to assault him. He was left unconscious.
The two men then fled towards Lonsdale Street.
They are described as white, slim, about 5 ft 10 in tall and in their early 20s. One was wearing beige trousers and checked top. The other was wearing a white top.
Police are appealing for anyone who was leaving the night club at the time of the attack to call 101.
First published at 11:27, Thursday, 31 May 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (18 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)