Victim beaten unconscious in early hours Carlisle street attack
Last updated at 12:17, Thursday, 31 May 2012
A man remains in hospital after being attacked and left unconscious in the street.
It happened in Carlisle’s Lowther Street, near Concrete and Club 35, during the early hours of Wednesday.
Police said two men left Concrete nightspot between 3am and 3.10am and launched their attack on another man.
He fell to the ground but they continued to assault him. He was left unconscious.
The two men then fled towards Lonsdale Street.
They are described as white, slim, about 5 ft 10 in tall and in their early 20s. One was wearing beige trousers and checked top. The other was wearing a white top.
Police are appealing for anyone who was leaving the night club at the time of the attack to call 101.
First published at 11:27, Thursday, 31 May 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle McVitie's staff reject changes to working conditions (76 comments)
- Starlings in Carlisle city centre causing major problems (54 comments)
- 15 people transferred after major incident at north Cumbrian hospitals (101 comments)
- Woods used by 'unsavoury' men for sex chopped down (101 comments)
- Carlisle residents vow to nab speeding drivers (38 comments)
- Unpaid overtime at Cumbrian hospitals rockets (23 comments)
- St Bees School to close (134 comments)
- Battle to recover £500,000 in unpaid council tax in Carlisle (22 comments)
- Row after Cumbrian school refuses to host nuclear meeting (47 comments)
- Carlisle wine shop to close (28 comments)
- Anger over new LED street lighting in Carlisle (61 comments)
Court & crime
- Laying charges at hospital doors (5 comments)
- Looks like Yorkshire made a mi-steak with Jeremy Clarkson (7 comments)
- It’s just the ticket (2 comments)
- Why Brampton-on-Sea doesn’t float my boat
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|